Monday 19 January 2015

A Trip to Farnham

Waaaay back in September last year I took a trip to Farnham to visit Thread, a festival of textiles. I blogged about the crafty treats I bought at the festival but failed to get round to blogging about my trip! Oops.

So, better late than never, today I'm sharing some pics of Farnham and then tomorrow I'll be blogging the festival itself.

First up, I simply have to share this photos of a sign spotted at one of the places I had to change trains (Farnham isn't too far from where I live but is sadly a bit of a faff for me to get to by train). The warning to any would-be thieves tempted by the hole in the fence made me laugh and laugh. "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!"

 

Farnham itself is a lovely little market town. As well as visiting arts centre Farnham Maltings for the textile festival...
 
 
 
 

... my crafty chum Laura (who sells her lovely embroidered wares as Mason Bee) and I wandered round town, stopping for a cuppa and some cake along the way (of course!)

 
 
 

It is always fun exploring a new place, looking out for old and interesting buildings like these almshouses:

 
 

I have totally bookmarked this Heritage Trail leaflet in case I make a return visit (I do love a nice Heritage Trail).

The town was buzzing that weekend as the annual Food Festival was in full swing...


... so many tempting, tasty-looking treats on offer!

Pop back tomorrow to see all the crafty goodness at Thread.

1 comments:

WendyCarole said...

Always liked visiting Farnham. My daughter used to have go to the orthodontist there and we used to pop into a very nice shop that sold sewing stuff.
i bought my first collectable be a at the Farnham Maltings and Nativity set about 25 years ago.