Sunday 12 June 2011

Our Knitting Picnic

To celebrate Knit in Public Day yesterday, our knitting club had a picnic and a yarn sale to raise funds for our charity knitting projects.


It's always a gamble planning a picnic in England, as you never know what the weather's going to be like. The forecast for today was for sunshine, and the weather was amazing for the first couple of hours. We did lots of knitting and crochet, chatted to crafty friends old and new, and drank yummy Teapigs tea kindly provided by local deli StanMan's Kitchen.

Then the heavens opened and we spent the next half an hour sheltering under one of the trees waiting for a gap in the rain so we could pack up and go home. It was a shame to have to cut the picnic short but some of us retired to a cafe afterwards for tea and cake, and seeing the non-stop rain this morning I think we were actually pretty lucky with the weather!

Here I am drinking tea while we were still enjoying the sunshine:


As well as drinking lots of tea, I bought lots of yarn. I have no idea where it's all going to go, or what I'm going to knit with it, but it was far too lovely to resist - especially this gorgeous soft green yarn (Patons Moonglow in "fern").

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the green yarn is lovely :)

Tumus said...

I had a tea party last weekend and we just BARELY missed a bad thunderstorm. I had everything all laid out too and thought I'd have to scramble to get it all back in. It does look like it was really nice for the few hours you had out :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Yup, I can't wait to knit something with the green yarn... I'm thinking maybe a nice chunky scarf for my winter wardrobe.

The sunshine was pretty gorgeous :) We had thunder & lightning here too - not what you want to hear when you're all sheltering under a tree!