Friday 10 July 2009

A Folksy Year

It's the first anniversary of my Folksy shop this week! How time flies...
Folksy itself is only a little bit older than my shop - I'm member number 12 so I must have signed up pretty soon after it launched - and it's come quite a long way in that year. There have been quite a lot of new handmade-focused sites springing up over the past year or two, including several in the UK, but Folksy is still my favourite of the new crop and as sales are commission free during the beta period it's a very affordable place to sell.

All new sites have their teething problems and I have several things on my wishlist that I'd love to see from the site in future, but overall I'm pleased with how this first year has gone and am looking forward to being a Folksy seller for many years to come!

To celebrate my anniversary, every order in my Folksy shop until Sunday night will ship with a free gift (offer ends midnight UK time, Sunday 12th July).

3 comments:

Dee said...

Thanks for this interesting read, I'm still looking for another site to sell my wares, but hoping to build my shop up a little first, I didn't realise Folksy was so young.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary. I just love your pieces!

Lynne said...

I think Folksy has really improved recently - there's actually some nice things on there now, whereas before I wasn't that impressed. Congratulations on your anniversary!